In 1985 Otis Nuckols retired from his position as Chief Executive Officer of Virginia Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company to team up with Ray Sinnott and found the law firm of Sinnott and Nuckols. Because Otis brought to the firm thirty-five years of experience on the business side of the industry, the partners determined to provide the most cost-efficient, knowledgeable, and effective legal service possible to clients and their insureds. This has been the firm mission to the present day.
In 1989 Kevin Logan, Director of Claims at Virginia Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company, decided that he would like to try litigating claims rather than managing them. He left Farm Bureau and joined the firm to create Sinnott Nuckols & Logan, P.C.
Sinnott, Nuckols and Logan, P.C. has been in existence for over 36 years in Virginia. The Firm provides extensive experience in defending any matter in litigation.
With the addition of Kevin Logan, the partners reaffirmed their conscious decision to focus the practice in particular areas of expertise rather than attempting to provide a wide variety of legal services. As a result of this decision, the firm has developed considerable experience in the following areas of litigation:
- Insurance Defense and Coverage Issues
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Civil & Commercial Litigation
In 1995 Mark C. Nanavati joined the firm and expanded the practice into the area of Construction Defect Litigation along with other complex areas of litigation.
Although each new case presents a unique set of circumstances, the partners in this firm bring such a wealth of experience to a case, that even the most complicated issues have parallels to cases that have previously been litigated. The partners often bring a unique perspective to a case and their experience frequently leads to early, satisfactory settlement or to another innovative solution. The combination of narrowing their legal focus, concentrating on a few areas of law and building a vast amount of experience in those areas has allowed Sinnott Nuckols & Logan to successfully defend some of the industry's largest insurance carriers and their insureds.
Having developed this expertise with the issues, Sinnott Nuckols & Logan is also able to offer lobbying services to its clients. These services include a detailed report when issues pertinent to the insurance industry arise in the General Assembly and, at the conclusion of each session, seminars, reports, analysis and enumeration of future issues.
Sinnott Nuckols & Logan, P.C.'s dedication to client service is unparalleled. Our staff and attorneys take every measure to provide personal attention to our clients and to present them with opportunities to give feedback on the service they receive.
We are committed to supplying clients with the latest legal information affecting their businesses and advising on those issues. Our ability to develop relationships with clients allows us to understand the challenges and obstacles facing clients as well as to advise them in the most effective and efficient legal strategies.
Because we know that your time is valuable, we sttress efficiency in resolving disputes. We will always provide our clients with:
- The best legal advice that years of experience provides;
- Straightforward, honest answers to all questions;
- Our best estimate of how the dispute can be resolved and what to expect as the case progresses.
While focusing on our client's best interest, we also help them to develop realistic expectations. If reasonably settling a case is possible, we will work for that goal. If protracted litigation is called for, we are ready to go the distance. We are ready for trial, if necessary.
Lawyers of Sinnott Nuckols & Logan, P.C. are admitted to the following courts:
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
In order for our firm to provide clients with the finest legal advice possible, we take it upon ourselves to be intimately involved in our clients' industries and in Virginia legal associations. Lawyers of Sinnott Nuckols & Logan, P.C. are members of the following organizations:
- American Bar Association
- Chesterfield Business Council
- Defense Research Institute
- Federation of Insurance Corporate Counsel
- Home Builders Association of Richmond
- Lewis F. Powell, Jr. American Inn of Court
- Richmond Claims Association
- Virginia State Claims Association
- The Bar Association of the City of Richmond
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Construction Law and Public Contracts Section
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association